Kiwi Kids News - news that is out of this world
here are some quizes (if you want to do your own click on the link at the top of the page)
1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
no main person just a uk scientist group
2. What was the key event from the news article?
The vents, which are like underwater chimneys, spurt out dark water at the bottom of the Caribbean Sea. Officially they are called Hydrothermal Vents and people didn’t know they existed until 40 years ago.
3. Where did this event take place?
under the ocen
4. When did this event take place?
5. Why did this event happen?
no resin scientist were just exploring
the ocen when they found them
1. Find quote from the main person in this news article?
there is no quote in the this article
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
a group of uk scientist were in their state of the art ship using some new high tech
gear when they came across the worlds deepest sea vents
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
in the caribbean seas, 200 sea vent have been found in this oceon
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
it does not say but it might become a tourist atraction
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
6. Use the Dictionary in the bottom right hand corner to find the meaning of 3 words from the article.
can’t figure out which is spanish or not