Thursday, May 09, 2013

Rock climbing reflection

For three weeks on a thursday we went to Karamu high school to try out rock climbing . We were split into groups of five 2 Karamu students and 3 Parkvale students. The people in my group were William Tyrone Gema josh and me.Here's the reflection's of



Rock climbing reflection


· Something I was pleased with was… How well I was able to climb the wall.

                            

…because I’m better than I was last time I tried.


· I really enjoyed learning… how to put on my safety belt and harness.


…because… I’ve never done it by myself before.
· Something I found hard was… my footing.
· Something that made me think was… how was I going to get to the top without letting go of the wall.
…because It was really hard to find the right place to grab.
·Something I want to get better at is… The Footing.


This is the video I made to go with it.                                                                 This is a photo of me
Rock climbing reflection by Elijah Casson on GoAnimate                                             on the climbing wall.
v

part 2



Reflection for

· Something I was pleased with was… how well I worked when I did the practice (not on the wall) with my Eyes closed.

                            
…because… It was really hard to tell what you and the people around me were doing.
· I really enjoyed learning… what to do when you're connected to the person on the wall.
                  
…because… It is really important to Know what to do if someone slips.
· Something I found hard was… reaching out to the rocks on the wall.
· Something that made me think was… where I was going.



…because I couldn't see where the rocks were.




· Something I want to get better at is… still footing.



         

Part 3

Rock climbing



· Something I was pleased with was… that I got further on the hard wall last time.
· I really enjoyed learning… how to belay proply.
                  
…because…I’m better.
· Something I found hard was… still footing.
· Something that made me think was… what the instructions were that my buddie yelled out.
…because… It is hard to hear what they are saying.

Something I want to get better at is… my footing.





4 comments:

  1. I like your Rock climbing the Video of you and some other guy in the video. The picture of you in rock climbing great, were did you get up to Elijah in the rock climbing?Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got all the way to the top. :-)

      Delete
  2. Your go animate seems so amazing. You must of climbed very high. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Elijah,
    What an awesome idea to
    do a go animate.
    You climbed the wall really well.
    WELL DONE

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...