Thursday, September 12, 2013

My story and art of the Taj Mahal

As you know we have been doing a cultural topic on India. Part of the Indian culture is the Taj Mahal. It is a Beautiful marble tomb, made for the Indian queen Mumtaz Mahal 400 years ago. Here is my story.


413 years ago there was an indian Emperor named Shah Jahan and his beautiful Queen Mumtaz Mahal. The both loved each other very much.


One day the queen passed away The Emperor fell into a deep depression and sat in his room for eight long days with the door locked behind him. Will he was in his room he denied any food.
On the ninth day he left his room at last.


While he had been sitting in his room he had  some kind of physical change his back was now slouched. His hair was white but it used to be raven black.


To honour his wife he decided to build a huge tomb for his wife. before it was done  Mumtaz Mahal was sarcophagus was put in the foundation of the huge building. It took 20,000 men 22 years to build the hall and the building stands 81 metres tall and was fully white. It has four spires on its side and one main building and is almost completely symmetrical.  

The Emperor planned to make a second Taj Mahal in black for himself but died before it could happen.













.

From YouTube                                                                                                                                 




This my Taj Mahal art. I made it on paint. Its my first actual piece of art on paint. I’m am very proud of it. The reason it is colored like this is because the sun is setting. I have tried my best to make it symmetrical like the the original. I've put the pillars on slight angles too. I have made the Taj Mahal the closest to white as I can and still leave it slightly yellow for the sun set. I hope you like it.

By Elijah  



4 comments:

  1. Great post, Elijah!

    I especially like how you introduced the story to your audience.

    Your digital art shows the symmetry really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elijah!!
    Awesome story and pitcher!
    and I like how you drew the pitcher on your computer
    Keep it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Elijah!
    I like your drawing you did and it is pretty symmetrical.
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
    the post Elijah it is so so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...