Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My five senses writing: T-Ball

WALT describe using the 5 senses
  • look
  • hear
  • taste
  • smell
  • feel or touch


My scene: T-Ball field


I grip the wooden bat in my hand as I look out towards the fielders. I fell them looking at me waiting for me to hit the ball. Some of them are cupping their hands ready to catch. I am the last batter I have to try and get everyone home “Play ball!” calls Mrs Roil. I take a deep breath and swing the bat at the ball. Smack! It goes flying past the fielders. I quickly run and drop the bat on the pad. Then I carry on towards base one. I can hear my teammates clapping in the background as I touch base one. I can feel my feet pounding underneath me. I can see base two in front of me. I keep running as the fielders reach the ball.

I can smell the dirt around me and taste my breakfast in my teeth. The fielders are coming back now as I touch the edge of base two. One of them throws the ball towards home base. I start to speed up everyone else has reached home base. I touch base three as I zip round the corner the ball hasn't reached it's destination it is still being passed down. I’m almost there 2 meters, 1 meter. HOME RUN!


1 comment:

  1. Wow cool story Elijah.You have a way in your writting that places the reader there, at the the moment, like they are one of the spectators cheering you on.
    Oh and make sure you brush your teeth after breakfast please:-)

    Elijah's Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...